So i’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Amrit, who is a recent start up blog like me, so go check him out!
If you’re scratching our head over what this means (i was too), then the Liebster Award is an award that is designed to encourage new bloggers (less than 200 followers) on their blogging journey. You will find more about it here.
I’ve been floating around the extremities of the blogging world for two months now, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that have liked, subscribed and commented on my travel centric ramblings. So to all of you, take this as a thank you, and Amrit, thanks again.
Now onto Amrit’s questions!
1. Which is the one place you visit to forget about all your worries?
Difficult question. If i am having a bad day or need to take my mind off something, i have little things i do to take my mind off the problem, rather than visiting an actual place. Playing my guitar is a great way for me to let it all out, as is escaping into the realm of books (i have quite a budding library going on at home).
2. What is your favorite color?
Blue. No purple! i can’t decide. I love them both equally.
3. What do you find inspiring about writing (or blogging)?
I love writing, but i have always been wary of putting any of it out there into the public sphere. Blogging feels like a much more informal and friendly way of getting my opinions, experiences and pictures out there, and making friends as i do it. I think its because i have read so many books in my time, i feel i have to contribute to the haul in some small way!!
4. Who is your role model.
Anyone who has come from nothing, gone out there and achieved their dream, no matter how big or small. Big respect.
5. What is your favorite movie.
OK, it’s Lord of the Rings. Before you roll your eyes, i have been in love with tolkien’s world ever since i was seven and picked up the fellowship of the ring to read (i did it the wrong way around, no one took the time to point out the hobbit to me!) and seeing that brought to life on the screen was the best experience. The fact that it is so long just gives me more action to watch ^_^.
6. If you’ve the power of invisibility for one day, what will you do?
I would probably become a poltergeist somewhere for a bit, create some mischief! Then i would waltz onto a flight to Bali or the Caribbean, and sit back on my way to paradise. I would work out the getting back bit later.
7. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?
I saw an amazing job advert for a professional slide tester, that looked awesome. Travel journalist, or writer for the National Geographic would be a serious life winner for me though. If they are looking for recruits, i would completely be up for getting into space too. SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER. Couldn’t resist.
8. What is your favorite song?
Ekk. It changes pretty much every second, so i couldn’t say. At this very moment in time, i am listening to Born Free Born Wild by John De Sohn. I’m about to go running, so motivation is needed!
9. If you are about to write a book, what would it be about?
Something with magic and wonder and straight up fantasy. Anything my imagination could conjure up, and then some more (I’m just a grown up kid really).
10.Tell one craziest (or stupidest) thing you have done.
I’ve done many stupid things, mostly in sport (i recently did a 104 mile bike ride for charity that was 7,000 feet of elevation, that felt pretty stupid at the time), i’ve slept in closed airports, accidentally got drunk on a bus in Thailand, and tripped over my own feet while walking on level ground. I couldn’t rank them all!!
11. If you have to describe yourself in one sentence, what would that be?
But enough Douglas Adams, here are my nominees:
These are your questions, nominees!
- Where is your dream destination?
- What is your favourite color?
- Why do you blog/write?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you could be a superhero for a day, who would you be?
- If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?
- What is your favourite food?
- If you are about to write a movie, what would it be about?
- Tell one craziest (or stupidest) thing you have done.
- If you have to describe yourself in one sentence, what would that be?
LASTLY, let me tell you the rules of The Liebster Award
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions created by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees of their nomination for the award.
So thanks again to Amrit, please check him out, along with my nominees. An apology for my absence for the last couple of days, job interviews have been murdering my mojo 😦
See you tomorrow,